Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The 1st Entry

Well, here I am - in the blogosphere. It doesn't seem that special to me. But, I'll see if it grows on me.

I suppose the first thing I should do is explain why I am here. I think it is a simple matter of envy. You see, one of my best friends has a blog (feel free to visit it here). And I guess I liked the idea of being able to talk about whatever you want, whenever you want, to nobody in particular.

Basically, I got tired of only reading what he wanted to talk about and having to limit my blog participation to comments on his posts. So, I have decided to level the playing field, and balance the blog universe.

You see, Chris is a Cardinals fan and I am a Cubs fan. I am a Republican and Chris is something else - I'm not sure he knows exactly what he is. I work in the investment world, so I tend to side with big business, while he is for the little man. I am married with child(soon to be children) and he is enjoying the simplicities of the single life. Yes, he is the Yin to my Yang.

The desire to actually start my own blog came on a whim. I'm not sure what I was doing, but the idea struck me and I have decided to follow through. I don't know if this whim will be the "passing fancy" type like when I decided to learn how to play the piano (twice have had that whim and neither time did it last more than a week). Or maybe it will be one of those addictive whims like when I decided to try golf my senior year of high school just because I didn't want to go through all those long track & field practices. Time will tell.

As the title intimates, the blog will focus on baseball (and probably a lot about the Cubs), politics (but probably only a limited amount - I am not that into politics), and business. I will also venture into entertainment (TV, movies, music, hot celebrity gossip), family life (houses, children, school), and whatever else I decide to talk about. After all, that is why I am doing this - so I can talk about whatever I want, whenever I want, to nobody in particular.

So blogosphere - Here I Am!

5 comments:

MATT said...

WAS THAT A BLOG? TALK ABOUT THIS. DAVE'S FRIEND CARDINAL'S SUCK!! DAVE, WHY SO SUPPORTIVE OF BIG BUSNISS? SHOULD USA LEAVE IRAG? DO MIKE'S KIDS HAVE A SCREW LOOSE? YOUR CHILDREN?BOYS OR GIRLS? SHOULD THE CUBS TRADE J.JONES? IS THE PRESSURE OF THE ONSET OF A NEW CHILD AFFECTING YOUR GOLF GAME? I NOTICED YOU DID NOT MENTION ANY INFO ON YOUR UNCLE MATT HANDING YOU YOUR ASS LATELY ON "YOUR BLOG"!! WELL GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ADVENTURE AND WE ALL HOPE YOUR MOM FINNALLY ADMITS THAT BRIANNE IS THE BEST LOOKING!!

Unknown said...

The title of your blog alone, Dave, has you off to a great start!

Looking forward to some stock tips!

CM said...

I always felt a twinge of guilt about controlling the topic. But the Cubs are still a game under .500. Aren't you afraid you're jumping the gun a bit?

TA said...

Dave, way to go on the blog! This makes it much easier for me to apply a fairness doctrine with the blogs I visit. Great title, too. Reminds me a little of the old country song about red necks, white socks, and Blue Ribbon beer. MMMM beer....

Jennifer said...

Okay--I am not a "techy" but I can give this a shot. I like the Cubs, although I do not watch them, nor do I look up their scores in the paper. I just like them because that is what a Levenhagen does! I know some things about "white collar". Some good, some bad! I need a new job so I suppose I should brush up on my white collar abit. I stay away from politics. The gas prices, war in Iraq, unemployment rate, value of the buck will all run their course no matter who is in office. However, if Hillary gets in there I will have to get more involved. She does NOT belong there. In other words---I don't like her. Matt is just torn between his daughter and yours. While his is pretty--you can't compare her with a 3 year old. And one that has all of her grandma's support!! Mikes kids are a riot! Perhaps your golf game was off this past weekend because you being my son wanted Matt, Mike, and Bart to feel like they had a chance. David is giving in that way Matt!!!!! Hey Chris--Hey Aaron. Long time no talk to--hope all is well.